Brit's Beet Maker Smoothie
Even though the temperatures are cooling off, we’re still going hard with our greenies aka green smoothies for those of you new to the site. Instead of our usual concoctions, the focus this fall and winter will be to fill them with all the amazing foods needed to “beet” this cold weather and keep us energized - hope you see what I did there. LOL. I’ve put together a pretty awesome Beet Maker Smoothie designed to give you all of the essential nutrients necessary to keep your body prepped for the changing season.
Brit’s Beet Maker Smoothie
1. ½ glass of pomegranate juice
- Of course, you want to make sure you choose a brand with little to no added sugars and preservatives. Drinking pomegranate juice is a great way to take care of your heart and keep your body full of antioxidants.
2. Two handfuls of kale
- Kale and any dark leafy greens thrive in the winter, which is a plus due to the fact that the produce section at my local market always looks a bit sick as cold weather approaches. The vitamins that kale provides (A, C and K) is just another reason for you to add it to your winter diet.
3. One orange
- We love citrus fruits! Whether it is a grapefruit, lemon, orange or lime, something about citrus makes me feel like I am basking in the sun at the beach. Plus, just one medium orange gives you a super dose of Vitamin C! How cool is that?!
4. ½ cup of chopped red beets
- So, this namesake ingredient totally happened on accident after I bought my daughter, Peyton, some beets last week. After making them her absolute favorite last week, this week...not so much. That left mommy with a whole lot of beets. So, what’s a mom to do? Throw them in the blender and fill them with our Simply Baby Food Pouches because who has money to waste in this economy? I took a few for myself as well because beets are pretty amazing and fit right in with this 5 ingredient smoothie. Beets are uber beneficial because they boost stamina (I stay tired, y’all), lower blood pressure, and attack inflammation and cancerous cells in a way our bodies really need.
5. One cup of blueberries
- I added blueberries because I LOVE blueberries. I love the color they add to most smoothies and I love the taste. But, more importantly, blueberries are a great source of fiber and some even believe blueberries are a great remedy to treat coughs, which is a common symptom of the winter weather.
Hope you guys get a chance to try this out! If you do, please let me know what you think! I’m all about constructive criticism over here! For mommy friends looking to try this out for your mini’s, click the link to put in your order for these affordable pouches from Simply Baby Food.