L.Y.F.E gives you "Bandz" with WADESTRONG Fitness: Suspended Pistol Squat with Low Row
No matter the latest fitness trend or fad, there is always one go to method that will never steer you wrong (IMO) and that is body weight training. The cool part about body weight training is that you are using YOUR own body weight in order to step your game up. No weights and fancy gadgets are needed because YOU are the weight! Dope concept, huh?!
Last week we introduced you to the brand that is WADESTRONG Fitness and now Ashley will hip you to some of her go-to moves over the next 3 weeks. This is just a small piece of what Ashley can provide on the road to your best body ever, so do not forget all of the amazing things she has to offer and contact her to give WADESTRONG Fitness a try!
Suspension Band Workout
Suspended Pistol Squat with Low Row : This exercise challenges the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, biceps and upper back. It’s perfect for crunch moments when you don't have much time to workout. It hits multiple muscle groups promoting more calories burned!
1. Start with the straps in both hands and elbows pulled to the ribs.
2. Make sure the strap is tight and there's no slack in it
3. Extend a leg and the arms straight out
4. Slowly bend the standing knee and lower the hips to a hover over the floor.
5. Keep the shoulders pulled back and the spine straight
6. Drive the heel into the floor to fully engage the hamstrings and glutes
7. As you come to a standing position, pull elbows back squeezing the shoulder blades together.
Complete 15 reps on each leg for 3 sets
My favorite part about this? Usually body weight training uses no machines and no weights, but I love how Ashley incorporated suspension straps to give you a more challenging and effective workout! She’s delivering “Bandz” that will definitely make you dance...or not be able to move for a couple days. Either way win and win, right?! See you guys next week!